Is your energy level low? Do you find yourself wondering what the purpose of life is? With the frenetic pace of life today, it’s all too easy to forget to enjoy the simple pleasures in life. This post is a reminder… to stop and smell the roses.
“When we lack proper time for the simple pleasures of life, for the enjoyment of eating, drinking, playing, creating, visiting friends and watching children at play, then we have missed the purpose of life. Not on bread alone do we live but on all these human and heart-hungry luxuries.” – Ed Hayes
Below is a list of suggestions for simple ways to slow down and enjoy life more…
1.) Blow bubbles.
3.) Sing in the shower.
4.) Dance in the rain. Catch raindrops on your tongue.
5.) Stop and listen to a street musician.
6.) Plan a picnic and go for a drive or a walk in the woods.
7.) Leave a hidden love note for someone close to your heart.
8.) Tickle your sense of humour with whatever makes you laugh.
9.) Make someone’s day by complimenting them or by giving them a smile.
10) Indulge your tastebuds. Cook your favourite meal and invite friends around to share it with you.
11) Go out for a walk and take your camera along: capture the beauty as you go.
12) Find out what art exhibitions are on in your area and go along and attend.
13) Enjoy the sound of walking through freshly fallen leaves.
14) Plant pots of bulbs to be enjoyed in the Spring.
15) Buy a bird feeder and place it somewhere where you can watch the birds come and go.
16) Pamper yourself with a soak in a hot bath by candlelight.
17) Walk barefoot on a sandy beach, feeling the sand between your toes.
18) Renew a friendship with someone you’ve lost touch with.
19) Vist a bookshop/library and choose a book you’d love to read.
20) Give someone a hug today.
Have you any suggestions which you’d like to add to this list? Remember, it’s the little things that count.
Life, I love you, all is groovy – by Simon and Garfunkel
Inspiration for this post: Simple Ways to Celebrate and Enjoy Life.